Saturday, October 28, 2017
“UCOM 43rd Annual Seminar and Annual General Meeting”
The theme this year was “SMART” –smart phones, smart cars, and smart condo living, so relax, enjoy, and learn!
- Drilling Down on Essential Condominium Concepts
- Secrets to Success from the Condo Guru: Meisner’s Maxim
- Cyber Theft, Fraud & Embezzlement – Avoiding the Pitfalls
- The One Hour Board Meeting
- Amending Your Condominium Documents: Preparing for Success
- Reserve Studies
- Understanding Your Directors and Officers Policy: Do We Have the Right Coverage as a Board; Ideas for Boards to Help Ensure Unit Owners Have the Right Insurance Coverage
- Condominium Governance: Desperately Needed Amendments, Collecting and Reducing Assessment Delinquencies, Enforcing the Rules and Restrictions, and Collecting Your Attorney’s Fees!
- “Go Green! How to Make Sure Your Lawn is Healthy”
Tuesday, April 18, 2017
“Insurance and Dealing with a Catastrophic Loss”
This seminar was sponsored by Scott Breslin of McCredie Insurance Agency, Inc., specialist in condominium and cooperative insurance and broker to some of the nation’s leading insurance companies; and was also sponsored by Mutual of Omaha Bank.
Two speakers covered the subject. Scott Breslin took us through the insurance aspects of catastrophic loss from A to Z. Joe Gimpert, was the co-speaker. Joe is Manager of the Mold and Water Division of Concraft, a respected disaster restoration company specializing in condominium associations that has helped thousands of people recover from property damage resulting from fire, water, wind and mold. Both Scott and Joe are familiar faces to many of you who have attended UCOM’s Annual Seminars.
The PDF of the presentation is available below, for those that missed the seminar: